Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Matthew 3

Matthew Chapter 3
It is an exciting journey to read through the Bible.  In church I told the story of my college professor who used to always pray what I considered an annoying prayer.  Before every test he would pray, "Lord, help the students to remember that which they have faithfully studied as they complete their test."  If I'd studied it didn't bother me, but when I had whittled away the time with other things it annoyed me and brought conviction.  When we read the Word God is able to speak to our spirit and best of all He is able through the Holy Spirit to bring it to our remembrance and help us apply it in our daily circumstances.  Stay excited about the Journey.

In Chapter 3 we see John the Baptist and Jesus grown and beginning their ministry.  John prepares the way for Jesus the Messiah explaining to the people the need to repent and turn to God because the Kingdom of Heaven was coming.  He tells them that Messiah would soon come.  Jesus comes and is
baptized by John the Baptist.  

As you read todays passage what did you find interesting?  Did the Holy Spirit talk to you about something?

1 comment:

  1. If you have any questions or want to comment on what you are learning...comment here.

    ReplyDelete